Today is an exciting day! I’m headed to an exclusive bloggers’ event later (more on that in another post) but first, I’m finally doing my Mystery Blogger Award post! Yay!
I was surprised and honoured to be nominated by Matters of Living who has shown so much support for my humble little blog. Her own blog is such an inspiration, and I can barely believe that she noticed mine. Thank you so much for giving me my first ever award nomination!
WHAT IS THE MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
In the words of its creator, Okoto Enigma;
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Sooo…. Before I answer my questions, I have to give you 3 facts about me. So here goes!
1 – I am allergic to technology. I cringe when people suggest that I ‘download an app’. I refused to get a touch-screen device for YEARS and I only got an Instagram account after it was no longer a ‘thing’.
2 – I’m an introvert. Lots of people would never guess it, but I can only tolerate socialising in short intense bursts. After about 3 hours it becomes exhausting and I need to retreat. I regularly fall asleep at parties and fetes (I always find a place)… the human mating ritual bores me eventually. Still, if you meet me casually I appear very outgoing. With strangers, I involuntarily adopt the persona of an entertainer. You know I’m really comfortable around you when I can be in your presence for long periods of time without ever speaking to you at all.
3 – My mother is my best friend. Her mother is hers. My dream is to have a daughter one day who honours the tradition 😉
Now for the questions I was asked:
1. If your life was a book, what would this chapter be called?
When my mum was pregnant with me, she often startled people by continuing to dress fashionably, continuing to socialise and go to parties, and continuing to work (she delivered me on a Friday afternoon after leaving work!).
When people expressed concern that she should do all these things while pregnant, she reassured them that she was fine and her baby would be fine… she told them I was a ‘thoroughbred’.
In this chapter of my life, I’m learning what it truly means to have the endurance, willpower, strength, grace and tenacity of a thoroughbred.
2. What character in a movie or book were you able to relate to more than any other? Why?
I’ve always related to Jo March of ‘Little Women’. I’m a ‘Jo’ myself, plus a socially awkward, bookish girl at heart… so that could be why.
3. What is the achievement you are most proud of?
I’ve recently become an accredited freelance interpreter for the European Union. I don’t know about ALL the achievements of my whole life… but that’s the biggest, shiniest trophy on my shelf right now.
4. What is your go-to song when you need some background music to focus or that will clear your head on a rough day?
Anything by Sia. She’s my feel-good anthem champion (and ringtones for the past three years!).
5. What is a food item that you love to eat but would never try to make yourself?
This, believe it or not, was the hardest question for me to answer. I’m not big on cooking (as in, I know how to do it, but only because it’s a necessary survival skill) but I’m not intimidated by the process. If I like something enough, I’m unlikely to refuse to EVER try to prepare it…
Since I have to choose something, I think I’ll say ‘sushi’. I would try it, but preparing a ‘raw’ dish is a bit intimidating to me as I’m a hypochondriac and am pretty sure that anything incorrectly prepared or preserved will probably kill me!
Are you new to the Sunshine Diary?
With my stereotypical Gemini split personality, I can’t find one post to recommend to you. Instead, I’ll give you a sample menu:
Do you like poetry?
In the mood for some social commentary?
Do you like beauty advice and tips?
How about some pointers on productivity?
Honestly, there’s something here for all tastes. Just check out the menus at the top of my home page!
Now it’s my turn to choose some awesome writers who are more than deserving of the award! I’ve taken it upon myself to actually say something about the nominees, to help my readers choose some links to click!
Questions for the Nominees
- Describe one moment in your life that you would relive each day if you could.
- What is your favourite book and why?
- What is the hardest part of blogging?
- Describe one weird / funny thing that you do that only someone who knows you really well would know about. (Doesn’t have to be too personal! In my case, I sleep with my head under a pillow, not on top of one! lol)
- Name a typical task / moment in life that makes you want to quit ‘adulting’.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s)
That’s it!! I really hope my nominees accept! Looking forward to seeing all your posts!